Link to Related Sites
The following links were selected through 2003 using the criteria in the ACVE Link Policy. Links were current when archived.
The following types of links may be found on this page:
- Adult and Distance Education
- Adult Literacy
- Career/Job Information
- Contextual Teaching and Learning
- Employment and Training
- Financial Aid for Lifelong Learning
- Professional Associations
- US Department of Education
- Vocational Education
Adult and Distance Education
- A worldwide network of networks of adult education documentation and information services
- Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education
- Provides a link to entrepreneurship education, small business design, micro-enterprise, small business management, and enterprising behavior. Includes teaching materials and other resources.
- Directory of Literacy and Adult Education Resources
- Contains information on over 150 related websites and provides tips on using the World Wide Web.
- Distance Education and Training Council
- Provides information about the accreditation of distance education programs, high school programs, degree programs, publications, and upcoming events.
- Distance Education Clearinghouse
- Contains information about current funding and legislation, programs and courses, technologies, and places and services.
- System for Adult Basic Education Support (SABES)
- Includes resources produced by SABES as well as those of other organizations, a calendar of workshops and meetings, and links to other related websites.
- Literacy in Libraries Across America (LILAA)
- Sponsored by the American Library Association, this website includes literacy fact sheets, descriptions of literacy programs in libraries, and links to related sites.
- National Adult Literacy Database, Canada
- Includes the NALD literacy collection, full text of documents, newsletters, and a resource catalogue. Available in French and English.
- National Adult Literacy Survey
- Provides data from the 1992 survey that assessed literacy skills among the U.S. adult population.
- National Center for Family Literacy
- Contains information about the Center, Issue Briefs, information on welfare reform, and an online newsletter.
- National Center for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy
- Contains full text of Focus on Basics, NCSALL's quarterly publication, and information about research initiatives.
- National Center on Adult Literacy
- Includes information on a variety topics related to adult literacy and provides links to related sites.
- National Institute for Literacy
- Offers "one-stop shopping for literacy-related information nationwide." Includes links to regional and state sites and facts on literacy.
- Ohio Literacy Resource Center
- Includes links to adult literacy resources, a directory of Ohio adult literacy programs, a calendar of events, job opportunities, teacher resources, and a publications list.
- Provides electronic resources and links for adult literacy and education practitioners.
- PBS LiteracyLink
- Offers an integrated system of video and online computer technology to help adults advance their GED and workplace skills.
- America's Career InfoNET
- Includes information about employment trends (generally and by industry), wages (by occupation and state), state profiles, job leads, over 3,500 links to career web sites, and a career exploration guide.
- America's Job Bank
- Includes job listings, online resumes and an online job search.
- America's Service Locator
- Search for employment and training service providers.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Includes employment projections, labor force statistics, job information and outlook and a career guide to industries.
- Federal Job Search
- A private job search and delivery company not affiliated with the Federal Government. They offer a free job alert service and a premium job search service to paying customers.
- Job and Career Information Source
- Includes job listings, career planning, resumes and company information.
- Job Corps Career Development Resource Center
- Provides the Job Corps community with up-to-date information, strategies, and professional development opportunities.
- Commercial site for college graduates with an online career fair, employer information, and a resume posting service.
- Includes job descriptions, salary and employer information, online career fair and job search tools.
- At this commercial site you can search for jobs, post resumes, research companies and obtain career advice and salary information.
- Includes career exploration tools, adult and youth training program information, employers' services and links to related sites.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Includes job descriptions, working conditions, salary and wages, education/licensure/certification needed and job prospects for hundreds of occupations.
- Site includes SalaryWizard which calculates salaries based on job title and location, salary news and advice, and career resources.
- Senior Job Bank
- Non-profit referral service for older (50+) workers
- The Riley Guide
- Includes job search methods, resumes and cover letters, salary and employer information, and job listings.
Contextual Teaching and Learning
Employment and Training
- Provides a virtual community that includes peer networking and information sharing opportunities and quick access to information.
- Big Dog's HRD Link Page
- Provides links to hundreds of websites related to learning, training, development, and education.
- Employment and Training Administration, Department of Labor
- Includes information about unemployment compensation, one-stop career centers, labor market information, unemployment insurance reform and other U.S. Department of Labor programs.
- Global Alliance for Workers and Communities (GA)
- The GA was "launched in April 1999 to improve the workplace experience and life opportunities for workers in developing countries, and to promote collaborative multi-sector efforts in support of these activities" with particular emphasis on "reaching young adult workers involved in global production and service supply chains worldwide.
- International Labour Organization
- Includes international labor standards, information about the ILO, a variety of information resources, and a conference calendar.
- National Collaborative for Workforce and Disability for Youth
- Assists state and local workforce development systems to better serve youth with disabilities.
- NY State Education Department/Workforce Preparation
- Provides links to training and development-related FAQs, newsgroups, discussion groups, publications, job center, and a glossary.
- Training and Development Community Centre
- Includes a virtual goldmine of resources for the training and development and human resource communities.
- Discusses the TRDEV-L listserv, considered by some to be the best training listserv on the Internet.
- Provides immediate access to all ERIC system-related sites.
- ERIC Digests
- Collection of all ERIC Digests dating back to 1983.
- ERIC Source Journal Index (Journals in the ERIC database)
- Search or browse the journals covered on an ongoing basis in the ERIC database. Core journals in the field of education are covered comprehensively by ERIC (all articles are abstracted);
non-core journals are covered selectively (specific articles are chosen to be
abstracted.) Also see Journals on the Web for journals covered by ACVE that provide table of contents, abstracts or full text on the web.
Financial Aid for Lifelong Learning
- American Association for Adult and Continuing Education
- Provides information about the organization, an online newsletter and website bulletins of interest to adult educators.
- American Council on Education
- Includes information about ACE programs such as HEATH and GED, credentials, leadership development, public affairs, and women and minorities in higher education.
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Contains information of interest to those involved in all aspects of career and technical education.
- International Association of Administrative Professionals
- Includes information about IAAP membership, products and services, PSI certification, current news, and links to related sites.
- National Business Education Association
- Provides membership information, scholarship information, as well as information about policies and legislation related to business education.
- National Council for Workforce Education
- Formerly the National Council for Occupational Education (NCOE), NCWE is a private, nonprofit, professional organization committed to promoting excellence and growth in occupational education at the postsecondary level. As an affiliate council of the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), NCWE provides a national forum for administrators and faculty in occupational, vocational, technical, and career education as well as representatives of business, labor, military, and government, to affect and direct the future role of two-year colleges in work-related education.
US Department of Education
- National Center for Research in Vocational Education
- Contains information about NCRVE's mission, programs, publications, and services and links to related sites.
- National Dissemination Center for Career and Technical Education and National Research Center for Career and Technical Education
- A consortium that conducts research, disseminates information, and provides professional development to the career and technical education field.
- Ohio Learning Work Connection (OLWC)
- OLWC provides information and professional development to WIA youth councils and youth-serving organizations in Ohio. Special projects include Community Youth Mapping and CoLabs (collaborative community-building laboratories).
- Ohio Tech Prep Curriculum Services
- Includes information about competency profiles, the curriculum collection, and the technology task force.
- Vocational Education Resources
- Includes links to sites related to all aspects of vocational education: curriculum, school-to-work/tech prep, research, legislation, international interests, and career and job information.
Page Revised: 11/24/03