In this Cluster model, students with multiple career fields are clustered together in a single Vocational English as a Second Language (ESL) or Adult Basic Education (ABE) class, which is supported by a single instructor. San Diego Continuing Education offers a Cluster VESL class, which serves a group of students with differing career goals.
Watch Entire Interview
Click on the links below to hear the interviewee answer frequently asked questions.
Carolyn McGavock, Cluster VESL Instructor, San Diego Continuing Education
Watch entire interview (7 min.)
- Instructor's Introduction and Perspective
- What are some of the benefits of a Cluster VESL model?
- What are some differences between teaching a Cluster VESL and teaching a Career–specific VESL course?
- What kind of successes can a Cluster VESL model offer?
- What advice can you offer about teaching a Cluster VESL course?