In this Cluster model, students with multiple career fields are clustered together in a single Vocational English as a Second Language (ESL) or Adult Basic Education (ABE) class, which is supported by a single instructor. San Diego Continuing Education offers a Cluster VESL class, which serves a group of students with differing career goals.
Carolyn McGavock, Cluster VESL Instructor, San Diego Continuing Education
- Instructor's Introduction and Perspective
- What are some of the benefits of a Cluster VESL model?
- What are some differences between teaching a Cluster
VESL and teaching a Career–specific VESL course?
- What kind of successes can a Cluster VESL model offer?
- What advice can you offer about teaching a Cluster VESL