Resources for Adult Educators
1. Professional Development Training and Workshops
(California Adult Literacy Professional Development Project) provides professional
development opportunities and resources for adult educators throughout the state.
2. Online Adult Education Information
- Outreach & Technical Assistance Network - houses the largest database of adult
education materials in the world. Registration is required, but it's free. Click
on Teaching Tools and Resources to access a variety of materials and other resources
for classroom use. http://www.otan.us
3. Data Collection for Adult Learners
- The Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System, provides the California Department
of Education with a standardized, electronic system for collecting student demographic
data and student learning gains. http://www.casas.org
4. Professional Associations for Adult Educators
5. Internet Resources
- ESOL Starter Kit, Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center
The National Center for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy offers numerous
publications and teacher training materials, include Study Circle guides on a variety
- The Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center
This Resource center offers useful online guides for ESL and ABE teachers.
A partnership of four literacy service innovators addressing the challenge of creating
and distributing multimedia learning materials for the hardest-to-serve ABE and
ESL adult learners.
A gateway to electronic resources and tools for the national and international youth
and adult literacy communities. This site is jointly sponsored by the International
Literacy Institute (ILI) and the National Center on Adult Literacy (NCAL) at the
University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education.
The literacy community's gateway to the world of adult education and literacy resources
on the Internet. The goal of LINCS is to bring adult literacy-related resources
and expertise to a single point of access for users throughout the world.
Back to Top